Follow these simple steps to develop a new product or to modify the existing product.
- Create an idea for a new product or to modify the existing one.
- Analyze how this idea will fit your strategy, market position, and manufacturing skills.
- Conclude whether your customers are looking for such products or not. What are the unique sales points of your product? Figure out key risks and summarize a marketing strategy accordingly.
- Research the level of competition for your product in the market. Learn from your competitors’ successes and failures.
- Build a project team responsible for undertaking and monitoring all necessary manufacturing phrases, including conceptualization, designing, prototyping, manufacturing, and marketing.
- Plan everything – conclude which activities must be executed first and which can be carried out later or in parallel.
- Plan your budget, goals, and timescales – during product development, frequently analyze your goal at a regular interval of time, and if required, modify the strategy.
- Analyze possible risk factors associated with the project such as technical errors, patent licensing, etc.
- Pen down product specification and convert special features into product requirements. Focus on key selling points.
- Ascertain what price your new product will have.
- Design the product based on decisive aspects such as marketing, manufacturing and purchasing requirements.
- Create a product prototype. This will help you eliminate all the technical and product issues prior to the time of bulk manufacturing.
- Get ready for bulk manufacturing and launch the product at the price ascertained earlier.
- Keep on monitoring the product success and explore opportunities for more success.
New Product Development
New / Custom Product Development is a process of designing, prototyping, manufacturing and commercializing new products to benefit targeted end-users. It can also involve enhancing an existing product line (both functionally and esthetically) for a particular market segment. This discipline is concentrated on organized methods for guiding all the processes involved in getting a new product to market.
Also, Read Our Latest Posts: